WD HEARN LAUNCHES NC TOUCH - INDUSTRY 4.0
On the 9th of May WD Hearn launched NC Touch at the MTMA exhibition in Johannesburg. The step makes WD Hearn one of the first companies to introduce Industry 4.0 to the wider engineering community in South Africa. Industry 4.0 is the automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies.
Industry 4.0 creates what is known as a "smart factory” and allows for immediate real time information and data direct to your smart device so you can access your machines from anywhere in the world
NC Touch is an Easy-to-use, integrated middleware for connecting arbitrary smart devices to the SINUMERIK 828 and SINUMERIK 840D sl CNC controls.
Benefits of NC Touch:
- Runs on any smart device (Web-based)
- Easy scripting language for rapid development
- Customer-specific adaptation of screens
- Full access to SINUMERIK resources (arithmetic parameters, PLC, alarms, etc.)
- Embedded solution for SINUMERIK, no additional hardware required
NC Touch Function:
- Visualization and interaction with SINUMERIK on your smart device
- Create your own screens in your corporate design
- Create apps with individual content (monitoring, alarm processing, specific views, etc.)
- Only scripting expertise is required for programming
- Flexible design functions for maximum portability on any device
- NCTOUCH dynamically creates any Web contents for you, no additional knowledge required
If you would like more details on the NC Touch system or Industry 4.0 please do not hesitate to contact us.